Monday, October 5, 2009

Baby Blev's Baby Room


My best friend, Chelsea, is having a BABY!! When I went home to Atlanta last weekend, we got to talking about her baby room. Her idea for the room is 'bird's nest' with greys and neutrals with touches of either pinks or blues (once she knows if it's a boy or a girl). I love her idea so much that I can't stop thinking about it. Here's your room, Chels, this blogs for you!

I wanted to lay out the room so that you feel encapsulated and cozy--the feeling you'd get being in a nest. I've lined the back wall with bookshelves to close in the space. I imagine these bookshelves to be finished in a grey lime-washed wood. Chelsea's also an English teacher and an avid reader. I could see her easily filling the shelves with books to read her little one. I've added large pieces of furniture on each wall and placed an area rug in the center of the room. In the middle of the room hangs a chandelier, giving the room a central anchor point.

As for color and materials, I see the wall's being a warm full body grey such as Porter Paints Dark Ash 513-6. I like bringing in some modern hand printed fabrics from Hable Construction such as the ones below.


I went to The Iron Gate in Franklin, TN last Thursday, and I found some beautiful furniture for the nursery. This painted wrought iron crib with lace canopy would be perfect for the baby's nursery. This antique French daybed with lime-washed grey wood trim and light linen fabric works great for a sitting bench or a bed for a guest. I found three amazing chandeliers: either one that resembles a bird's nest or a pink or blue one. I love the small tree-bark lamp too!






Also, in front of the window I see a linen upholstered rocking chair and ottoman adjacent to an upholstered Louis XVI armchair. Above the dressing/changing table, I envision paintings similar to my very talented friend Margaret Elliott


If it's a boy.....
If it's a girl.....
Love you, Chels!! Hope this helps!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Natie...I think you just took my job !!! What beautiful ideas !!! I love it all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Nat! Everything is so beautfil. :) Chels is going to want it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    I am an old friend of Chelsea and her family and I must say you have such inspirational ideas. I am your blogs new - biggest - fan.
    I look forward to following your creative genious.

    Jean Hines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails